The Olive Branch Old Towne Association
The Olive Branch Old Towne Association is a non-profit 501-C-3 corporation governed by a fifteen member Board of Directors elected to three-year terms by The Association Membership. The Mayor and several of his staff serve as ex-officio members of the Board. The Board of Directors meets quarterly or more frequently at the call of the President.
Answering to the Board is the Old Towne Director who is responsible for the everyday operation of The Association.
The operational income of The Association is derived from membership dues, donations and fund raising events. Monies used for capital expenditures in Old Towne are derived from those sources in addition to grants and bequests. The City of Olive Branch provides support for the Old Towne Director as well as paying the annual dues to the Mississippi Mainstreet Association.
Membership in The Old Towne Association is open to any individual, business or organization who supports the objectives of The Association in the promotion, preservation, restoration and development of Olive Branch Old Towne.
Mission & Philosophy
The Olive Branch Old Towne Association is dedicated to the preservation and renovation of the Old Towne District and the development of economic activity within the District. A working ideal is to establish the character of the small town that existed circa 1930 while incorporating modern conveniences and developments that are consistent with that historic character. We believe the preservation and promotion of Old Towne will provide the twin benefits of building community pride and enhancing economic growth. These benefits will spread to the limits of the present city of Olive Branch. We share this philosophy with the National Mainstreet Association, of which Mississippi Mainstreet is one of the nation’s most active members.